Brooke Temple has been an active realtor for 45 years. He is the principal broker and one of the founders of Toles, Temple & Wright, Inc. in 1971.
Originally from Meridian, Mississippi, the family eventually made its way to Birmingham, Alabama so that his mother could be closer to Camp Skyline Ranch which she founded and ran for 40 years. Brooke assisted when he could in that endeavor. In Birmingham, he attended Mountain Brook Middle School and Shades Valley High School, then graduated from Shorter College in Rome, Georgia in 1968. During college, Brooke was a competitive water skier and won the Georgia State Trick Ski Championship. He also served with the US Coast Guard in 1966 and was with the reserves until 1972.
After graduating from college he decided to make Rome his home. Max Toles convinced him to get into the Real Estate business and along with Sara Wright, formed Toles, Temple and Wright, Inc. in 1971.
During the early 1980’s Brooke and partners Bill and Billy Atkins were the first to bring Fast Food to Destin Florida, opening and operating five Hardee’s fast food franchises in the Destin, Fort Walton, Shalimar Beach areas.
His foresight of the housing needs for his new community led him to develop many of Rome’s subdivisions; Rivers Place, Huntcliff, The Oaks at Collinwood, Maplewood East, Collinwood, Overhill Estates, Woodfin Estates, Colony Park Condominiums, Hamilton Ridge, Brookwood West, Hunters Glen, The Fairways, Berry Forest, Cooper Court and others. All of these have been very instrumental in providing essential housing to help Rome grow. Many industries, businesses and hospital physicians have come to Rome because of the quality of life this type of residential communities had to offer.
Brooke has also been successful in the commercial side of real estate by redeveloping the Holiday Inn site on Turner McCall Blvd for the River Center, which is home to Blue Fin Grill, Jandy’s and Firehouse subs, among other businesses. He and partner Wayne Robinson developed Hamilton Ridge Apartments, Rome’s first upscale gated apartments, and also were responsible for bringing Steak ‘n Shake and O’Charley’s to Rome.
He served for many years on the Board of Directors for Georgia State Bank, which became AmSouth Bank and eventually Regions Bank. He is also a past Director for United Community Bank, a past board member of the Coosa Country Club, past president of the Nine O’Clock Cotillion, past board member of the Boy Scouts of America, and formerly on the Board of Visitors of Shorter University.
Brooke has served President of the Rome Board of Realtors in 1980, was Realtor of the Year in 1979, and received the Hall of Fame award in 2007. He is currently a member of the NAR, GAR & GRB. He is a member of the First Presbyterian Church of Rome. He is married to Kathleen Tarpley Temple and has two sons, Bill and Charles, two granddaughters (Gracie and Camille) and one grandson (Brooke Jr.)
- 0 beds, 0 bathsMLS MLS 8052188
- 0 beds, 0 bathsMLS MLS 8838735
- 0 beds, 0 bathsMLS MLS 8052186
- 0 beds, 0 bathsMLS MLS 8052179
- $29,9000 beds, 0 bathsMLS MLS 8703164
- 0 beds, 0 bathsMLS MLS 8052164
- $29,9000 beds, 0 bathsMLS MLS 8703163
- 0 beds, 0 bathsMLS MLS 8052157
- 0 beds, 0 bathsMLS MLS 8702900
- 0 beds, 0 bathsMLS MLS 8052127
- $45,0000 beds, 0 bathsMLS MLS 8052105
- 0 beds, 0 bathsMLS MLS 8231153
- $45,0000 beds, 0 bathsMLS MLS 8052103
- 0 beds, 0 bathsMLS MLS 8053208
- 0 beds, 0 bathsMLS MLS 8053205
- 0 beds, 0 bathsMLS MLS 8053199
- 0 beds, 0 bathsMLS MLS 8053191
- 0 beds, 0 bathsMLS MLS 8053188
- 0 beds, 0 bathsMLS MLS 8053177
- 0 beds, 0 bathsMLS MLS 8052234
- 0 beds, 0 bathsMLS MLS 8052227
- 0 beds, 0 bathsMLS MLS 8052223
- 0 beds, 0 bathsMLS MLS 8052216
- 0 beds, 0 bathsMLS MLS 8052214
- 0 beds, 0 bathsMLS MLS 8052212
- 0 beds, 0 bathsMLS MLS 8052210
- 0 beds, 0 bathsMLS MLS 8052205
- 0 beds, 0 bathsMLS MLS 8052204
- 0 beds, 0 bathsMLS MLS 8052202
- $1,600,0004 beds, 4 bathsMLS MLS 8823469
- $1,600,0004 beds, 4 bathsMLS MLS 8823421
- $880,0000 beds, 0 bathsMLS MLS 8224149
- $469,5004 beds, 5 bathsMLS MLS 8808592